Custom Objects??

I'm using Architect and VW-8.5.2 and I discovered that some of the Marvin windows I'd used recently from the Object Library that came w/ Architect are no longer editable. Instead of appearing in the info pallette as a complex window [as it originally had] w/ all the many fields to edit for size,frame, mullions, etc.it appears as a "CUSTOM OBJECT in wall" and all I can edit is the position, height, and flip - in fact none of the other fields even appear. When I try to get another of the same window from the browser it has all of the fields and is editable. What gives?

The only thing I can think of is that i had originallly created the document in 8.5.1 then updated it when I received Architect [icluding replacing some earlier windows with the new Marvins] and then later opened it up and modified it in 8.5.2. I had also made some modifications to the Marvins upon use - just adding some mullions.

I'd really hate to have to replace all these window objects again.

quote:

Originally posted by d.kocieniewski:

I'm using Architect and VW-8.5.2 and I discovered that some of the Marvin windows I'd used recently from the Object Library that came w/ Architect are no longer editable. Instead of appearing in the info pallette as a complex window [as it originally had] w/ all the many fields to edit for size,frame, mullions, etc.it appears as a "CUSTOM OBJECT in wall" and all I can edit is the position, height, and flip - in fact none of the other fields even appear. When I try to get another of the same window from the browser it has all of the fields and is editable. What gives?

The only thing I can think of is that i had originallly created the document in 8.5.1 then updated it when I received Architect [icluding replacing some earlier windows with the new Marvins] and then later opened it up and modified it in 8.5.2. I had also made some modifications to the Marvins upon use - just adding some mullions.

I'd really hate to have to replace all these window objects again.

Well there shouldn't be any problem with opening a file created with ARCHITECT 1.0 in ARCHITECT 1.0.1. I found that it did work fine for me.

It sounds to me like the window plug-in record somehow got destroyed and the pre-existing Marvin windows that you placed previously no longer point to the window plug-in so they can no longer act like the plug-ins.

There may be something we can do if you can get in touch with Tech support and give them a copy of your file for me to examine.

www.diehlgraphsoft.com/support/contact.html