Surface hatch only in black ?

Stéphane

Question

23 answers to this question

I believe surfaces hatches associated to a texture are generated in "Line" and "Hidden Line". So it must not depend to the background render you are using. 

My other hatches show up fine (for instance the ones I am using for my slabs and walls). 

Edited by Stéphane

To elaborate a bit

There are two types of hatches

- Regular hatches 

- Surface hatches that are regular hatches associated to a texture 

In my VP I have only a Foreground render which is "Line". No background render. 

In it, my regular hatches are fine and colored, but my surface hatches are always black. The textures itselves don't show up which is the normal behavior.

2 hours ago, Stéphane said:

In my VP I have only a Foreground render which is "Line". No background render. 

In it, my regular hatches are fine and colored, but my surface hatches are always black. The textures itselves don't show up which is the normal behavior.

@Stéphane I'm not sure what you mean by 'Line' render mode either can you post a screen shot? Surface Hatches only come into play with Hidden Line rendering. I'm not sure why you'd specify a Foreground Render but no Background Render. In my understanding Background Render is the default + Foreground Render only comes into play when you want to do something like overlay Hidden Line over Open GL as in @markdd 's example - no? 

Ok, there might be a huge translation issue, since I'm using the French version. Sorry for that, I should have checked this before. 

In my version, I have three Foreground render options : 

- "Sans" : None 

- "Lignes visibles uniquement" : literally "Visible lines only" which must have been badly translated since it is actually "Hidden lines" in your version. 

- "Lignes cachées en pointillé" : literally "Dashed hidden lines". 

In other words when you spoke about "Hidden lines" I thought you were speaking about "Dashed hidden lines" and when I spoke about "Lines" I actually wanted to speak about "Hidden Line". 

So, now we know that we speak about "Hidden lines".... 

To clarify and to answer to @Tom W. and @markdd

"Hidden lines" can be used as foreground or background render. Of course, when no foreground render is used, then I use "Hidden lines" as a background render. In both cases, my surface hatch is black. Why ? 

Please, see below a screenshot. 

525589547_Capturedcran2020-11-1214_59_14.thumb.png.1c611d9ebadd16d4b455e7c1319de435.png

Stéphane

Vous parlez très bien anglais! :-)

Yeah, I created that same scenario and used a hatch with sort of an orange color, and it seemed to work fine, associating that colored hatch to the texture, when rendering in hidden line, on a design layer, as well as a viewport on a sheet layer.

Do be mindful that you do NOT need to select 'hidden line' as a 'foreground render' but only using the 'background render' option.

58819862_ScreenShot2020-11-12at7_04_10AM.thumb.png.019139e07b06f5586598ba5058ac3dc5.png

32 minutes ago, bcd said:

It looks like you're viewing a Section Viewport with the Advanced Properties>Attributes>Line Style set to something other than 'Use Original'

That was it ! Well done @bcd

For Objects Beyond Section Plane in Advanced Properties>Attributes, I used "Use Class". 

But I have now another issue...

My class attributes are set to have their section style. So I need the "Use Class" option in order to lighten the line weight of objects that are beyond my section plane. This is a super nice way to have an accurate control of section line weight class by class. If I choose "Use Original"  for Objects Beyond Section Plane, off course they will appear too thick. So here is my question : What is the best practice ? 

I find the other options not very handy to control section line weight. 

I know there is the option "Create Structural and Nonstructural Groups" but that get me two line weight. I need at least three different section line weight. One for structural elements. One for non-structural elements. And one for small or thin elements, like frames/glass/tiles. Plus, it removes the components hatches, if Im not doing it wrong. 

Edited by Stéphane