Title block & border control

Are we talking about the title block created with VA assistant? When I tried this the font was so large it overwrote other sections of the block. Is it really as simple as selecting it, edit symbol and changing the font & size? Somehow I did not understand or get this from the manual...please give more specific instructions (for the slow of mind)

Dave and Fred:

Here is the simplest way to edit this if you do not wish to use it in multiple drawings as a symbol:

1) Select the Title Block, you should have "Drawing Border-Arch" selected (check your Object Info).

2) Go to "Organize," select "Ungroup." You will get a warning question if you wish to ungroup high level objects. You will say "Yes" to this.

3) Deselect all, then select the actual title info box.

4) Go to "Organize," select "Edit Group." You will now see everything selected within your title area. Zoom in so that you can see it easily.

5) Deselect all, select the text box you wish to change the font in, go to "Text," select your font.

This will change the font. You can also change the size of your font, the alignment or any other properties of the font you wish to.

6) Finally, select ?Exit Group.?

At this point you are finished. You may create a symbol of it for future usage, or simply leave it as a group.

If you have any further questions regarding this process, please contact Technical Support at 410-290-5114 and we will be glad to walk you through this.

------------------

Brian O

Diehl Graphsoft, Inc.

Technical Support

[This message has been edited by Brian O (edited 04-12-2000).]

• 2 weeks later...

Yes this is true Scott, and thank you for pointing that out. It was my mistake for not pointing that out before.

Once you ungroup/edit the title block you change the nature of it and no longer can use the Object Info Palette. If this is the last step in your drawing it would not make a difference. If you are willing to manually change the text, again, this is an option.

Your best option, if you are comfortable with it, is to change the VectorScript so that the fonts and border are changed within the program. For more assistance on VectorScripting please contact via fax (410-290-8050) or e-mail at VS_Support@diehlgraphsoft.com, since Technical Support does not assist with VectorScript issues in depth.

The best news for all of us is that the VA Architect 1.0.1 update will change the borders to symbols so that editing them will not effect the issue/task manager, nor will it eliminate your Object Info entry capabilities. There is no date at this time as to when 1.0.1 will be available to download.

If you choose to go with the former option, you must link all text to records again.

Remember, a title block is simply an object with a record attatched to it, whether it is a symbol or a group. The same principles apply to title blocks as with any other object with an attatched record.

Also, ConDocs are standards, therefore if you alter them you deviate from the standards and therefore I would recommend just using a standard title block that you have the option during setup to not have a border.

For more information on how to link text to record review 15-26 of your users guide. For info on editing text properties, review 5-22 to 5-26.

------------------

Brian O

Diehl Graphsoft, Inc.

Technical Support

• 2 weeks later...

When VA Architect 1.0.1 update becomes available, it will change the borders to symbols so that editing them will not effect the issue/task manager, nor will it eliminate your Object Info entry capabilities. Does this mean that we can create borders with title blocks for ISO A3, A2, A1 sizes? Is there a way to do this without waiting for VA 1.0.1 (and keeping the possibility to use Issue Manager)?

To the best of my knowledge, VA 1.0.1 will be strictly a downloadable patch for all current users.

New purchases only will have the CD available to them.

This is standard procedure in the software industry, this is why I believe it to be so.

------------------

Brian O

Diehl Graphsoft, Inc.

Technical Support

• 1 month later...

Sorry for not getting back to your post sooner Fred, however I did not see that you had replied again.

For anyone who has internet access on one format and works on the other, you must transfer from one machine to the other through either a LAN or large format disk (Zip, Megadisk, CD that you burn, etc.). You need to copy the downloaded file(s) and access them on the 2nd machine. This is the same situation if you have more than one machine and only one has access to the internet.

If you need more information please contact Technical Support for help.

Architect 1.0.1 is available now on CD. If you need to have this shipped to you contact Customer Service and they will take care of everything for you.

------------------

Brian O

Nemetschek North America

Technical Support