Worksheets feedback

Bernat

Hi, 

I started to use worksheets in Spotlight and there are a couple of issues that I'm wondering.

X, Y , Z Location have just one way feedback from, Object info palette to worksheet, Is there a way to get a 2 way communication between those? What I m doing wrong?

When I have an instrument with "0" dmx address, the "address filed don not accept new data, I have to fil the "universe/address" or "absolute address" first. Is this a bug or is there another reason  for that. After adding data to the absolute address, or the universe/address the "dmx address" field gets its 2 way communication.

/Bernat

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Bernat

Welcome to the forums

4 hours ago, Bernat said:

When I have an instrument with "0" dmx address, the "address filed don not accept new data, I have to fil the "universe/address" or "absolute address" first. Is this a bug or is there another reason  for that. After adding data to the absolute address, or the universe/address the "dmx address" field gets its 2 way communication

This is a bug, these fields are linked, along with the universe field, so that if you change one the other will update automatically. I have managed to reproduce this just now and will file a bug report.

The issue seems to be that for the address to work there has to be a value in the universe field which by default is currently empty

4 hours ago, Bernat said:

X, Y , Z Location have just one way feedback from, Object info palette to worksheet, Is there a way to get a 2 way communication between those? What I m doing wrong?

You're not doing anything wrong, some data like an objects position data is not editable in a worksheet, and can only be edited in either object properties pane, manually moving the object in the design with the mouse or using a command or tool like the move command

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Just a word of warning, I found that the original solution (editing the default spotlight lighting device parameters) didn't work consistently, which is why I edited my original reply

I will log the enhancement request regarding the X, Y, Z coords and being able to edit them in a worksheet

• Like 1
8 hours ago, jcogdell said:
12 hours ago, Bernat said:

When I have an instrument with "0" dmx address, the "address filed don not accept new data, I have to fil the "universe/address" or "absolute address" first. Is this a bug or is there another reason  for that. After adding data to the absolute address, or the universe/address the "dmx address" field gets its 2 way communication

This is a bug, these fields are linked, along with the universe field, so that if you change one the other will update automatically. I have managed to reproduce this just now and will file a bug report.

The issue seems to be that for the address to work there has to be a value in the universe field which by default is currently empty

This should be fixed in 2021 SP2

It appears that something in the Lighting Device code is capturing the data and writing that back to the Lighting Device record so that changes can't be made through the worksheet.

None of the Location or Rot fields are marked as Read Only or NNA Do Not Change, so I don't know why they are not responding to changes in the worksheet.

You might want to put a post in the Wishlist forum asking for these fields to respond to changes in the worksheet.

• Like 1