hatches & fills in wall type library

Is it possible to have a wall type in the library that could have a hatch in one cavity, a solid fill in another and yet another pattern fill in a third cavity?

If I assign the default hatch as the 1st cavity, the solid fill as the 2nd, and the

<default> (in this case a pattern fill) as the 3rd; I can't get the pattern fill to appear un less I edit the cavities directly in the info pallette.

Ideally one should be able to assign ANY hatch [i'm talking true hatches not the pattern hatches] or any fill pattern to the various cavities in the wall type library editor.

We at Technical Support followed your example as you said and were able to produce the wall with the requested results. The fill, the hatch and the pattern all appeared as they should.

Please verify that you are using VW 8.5.x and not a previous version. Also, be sure that when you set your wall style that you are setting the appropriate size for each cavity.

If you still have problems, please contact Tech Support at (410)-290-5114 for more assistance.

------------------

Brian O

Diehl Graphsoft, Inc.

Technical Support

• 3 years later...

I too would like to know how you could use any of the hatches and patterns in the Wall Type setup instead of just the standard 11 hatches.

We can use the "default fill" to take care of one of the hatches by setting the class to the fill that we want and that works fine for interior filled walls, but on the exterior we need to use two different fills that aren't available under the standard 11. We need the inner stud wall to be a pattern off of the Pattern Pallet and the exterior brick offset to be a hatch pattern that isn't in the standard set as well...any ideas?

Thanks

antoine

[ 11-03-2003, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: AntoineDeHon ]