Snap loupe issue

MartinBlomberg

Question

2 answers to this question

Your video looks to be showing the correct behaviour for the snap loupe. It is really only an aid to ensure you are clicking on the right snap point. Your cursor needs to be pretty close to the point in question when you press Z because the zoom area is quite small. Once you click on the point the loupe disappears + you automatically return to the drawing. It's not designed for doing any more than clicking on a tricky snap point. It is not an alternative to zooming in properly. 

You can hit Z more than once to zoom in further still if your snap points are really congested.

Hit ESC to leave the snap loupe without clicking on anything.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Tom W. said:

Your video looks to be showing the correct behaviour for the snap loupe. It is really only an aid to ensure you are clicking on the right snap point. Your cursor needs to be pretty close to the point in question when you press Z because the zoom area is quite small. Once you click on the point the loupe disappears + you automatically return to the drawing. It's not designed for doing any more than clicking on a tricky snap point. It is not an alternative to zooming in properly. 

You can hit Z more than once to zoom in further still if your snap points are really congested.

Hit ESC to leave the snap loupe without clicking on anything.

Aha, OK I see. I thought this tool was somewhat a quick-zoom or similar.

Now I get it.

Many thanks buddy!