Issue encountered while importing files created with previous versions of Vectorworks

Amedeo

Question

Dear all, 

In August 2020 I have contacted the technical support for an issue encountered while importing files created with previous versions of Vectorworks.

Below the reply:

In response to your report of problems converting Vectorworks files from 2019 to 2020, we inform you that the problem is caused by the "Lighting Pipe Ladder" objects. On conversion from 2019 to 2020, Vectorworks crashes trying to create auto-hybrid geometry.
The quickest solution is to open the file in the 2019 version and delete the "Lighting Pipe Ladder" objects. Alternatively, it is necessary to check if the diameter of the "Lighting Pipe Ladder" objects is too small for the auto-hybrid calculation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem was found, but not solved by my support request. At the time, unable to download the v2019 because I was on a cruise ship working, I found myself having to make changes to the PDF files I had exported previously in order to give an answer to the client. 

With the release of v2021 I tried to import the same file and to my surprise, the problem persists .... I am talking about a Vectorwkors native file and therefore I struggle to understand why an updated version of Vector cannot open it. The only viable solution now is to download v2019, try to import the file and delete what is indicated in the support email ... really frustrating.

During the process of opening the file, it gets stuck at step 4 causing the software to crash ...

Has anyone found any similar problem before? Is there a way to import the file without having to install v2019??

Thanks!!

Amedeo

A1.jpg

A2.jpg

Edited by Amedeo

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet