Corrupted File

simonds

I recently upgraded to ARCHITECT. A file originaly created in VW 8.5.1 became corrupted. Something in the file is hogging memory and it crashes if a Quickdraw rendering is attempted, all pitched roofs appear as flat etc. I have a G4 400/256M, running OS8.6. How can I avoid this happening? should I stop using ARCHITECT?

Hi Simon.

Your concern is certainly understandable. However, it may help to remember that VectorWorks ARCHITECT is a combination of the same VectorWorks application that you've come to know (and hopefully love!), and a huge number of plug-in objects, VectorScript commands, etc. In other words, the application itself is the same one you've been using.

One possible explanation for the sudden change in behvior is that you're running low on memory. As you might expect, all those plug-ins and other ARCHITECT goodies take up some memory. Try giving VectorWorks some more memory and see if that doesn't solve the problem, particularly if this is a relatively large file. Also, make sure that the operating system has some free space as well. When it comes to rendering, VectorWorks often grabs a chunk of the system's RAM.

Hope that helps...

Caleb Strockbine

caleb@diehlgraphsoft.com