Cut and fill calculation by zone

Hello!

Im new to vectorworks, but it seems very promising.

I have created the site model based on the survey, and added site modifiers to create the proposed terrain.

I want to get cut and fill values for the landscape and for the architecture, but I can't get that to work...

I though a grade limit modifier around the architecture would allow me to remove the architecture from the calculations, but it seems like it is not the right answer.

What would be the correct way to do this?

For reference I attached an image of the site model and modifiers, including the grade limit modifier around the architecture(selected).

Thanks

David

vectorworks.PNG

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If you use a pad with retaining edge for the architectural footprint (these can be set to existing also) you can select the modifier and in the OIP it will give the calculated cut and fill for that area. If you select multiple pads (which can be set to differing layers for control) you will get the total C&F of all selected pads. So that said, if you place your modifiers for the house on a house Mod layer and site modifiers on a Site Mod layer. Set the house Mods to Existing and site to proposed. You can select the house mods get the total for that and the site will be completely independent for your totals.

Hope this helps.