Door Schedule- Global Changes

How can I make a global change to a Door/Window schedule? (ie., I want to change the material of all of our windows from wood to clad.) Unless I can make multiple selections of symbols/PIO in walls, I have to individually edit each record.

Julian Carr's method was to have the Door/Window number itself contain all of the record information to report to the schedule. Not being contained in walls, we could custom select all 'tags' and carefully, globally, edit to our hearts' content.

Perhaps my question is: how can I transfer record information from one object to another, say, in a single click?

TIA,

A n t h o n y R . G e o r g e , A r c h i t e c t

Unfortunately at this time there is no command that will give you a "single-click" method of making changes on a global scale.

The custom selection method mentioned is an excellent option for you in this situation.

I'm not quite clear as to your last comment...

To edit a Door Schedule, I believe I must edit the instance of the Door Record. To edit a Door Record, I believe I must first select the PIO (or attached object.) I don't think I can select more than one PIO in a wall, for one, and I don't think I can select PIO's/Symbols in walls using the Custom Selection tool.

For which object were you suggesting I use the Custom Selection tool?

Thanks..