Issue with plant graphics not displaying

Erikah

Hi all, wondering if anyone can help - my agave plant graphics are visible in the top/plan but without the coloured 'plant style 2D graphics' and are not visible at all in the top or 3D views. I have assigned 2D and 3D graphics (but in the 'edit' 3D graphics I can just see the cross lines - last screenshot - i'm not sure if this is normal?. All layers are visible including the 'Plants/Component' classes. The agaves are on their own class on a layer called 'existing trees' (not sure if that makes a difference). Hopefully the screenshots below help to make sense! ...any help would be so appreciated! 🙂

I did manage to get maple trees to show in 3D when I was testing it but I can't figure out what the difference was with those.

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 11.42.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 11.43.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 11.43.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 11.43.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 11.46.51 AM.png

@Erikah If you post your file in 2020 format or earlier, I'll take a look at it.  The trees you are showing in 3D have had 3D geometry added to them, presumably by you.  The default plant libraries use Image Props, basically 2 crossed planes that have a picture of the plant in elevation.  When you look at an image prop in the top view, all you will see is the crossed plane unless you convert them to 3D models.

You agave visibility problem could be a variety of issues, hence the suggestion to post a file.  If it's huge, just save a copy of it and delete most items from the document, purge, and save.  That will reduce the file size and keep you from having to post the entire design if you do not wish to have it on a public forum.

• Like 1

@jeff prince Wow thank you so much for your offer but amazingly as I was sorting out the classes on the file, deleting the irrelevant data the plants appeared in both 2D and 3D and then I discovered the culprit of a site modifier issue too that's been bugging me for hours. I started the model with an import from Rhino and somehow these items ended up on that class which was turned off - whoops! ...thank you anyway! 🙂

Edited by Erikah
Grammar edit!