Low GDI resources warning

We are trying to get a handle on what is happening with your system to cause this issue. Does this happen when you turn off Norton? Also, are you using the Object Browser, and if so, how many libraries are you importing at one time? If you could get that information back to us as soon as possible perhaps we can find and answer for you in a timely fashion.

Just two more thoughts, what video card are you using and are there any other programs up and running in the background or on the task bar?

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Brian O (edited 02-07-2000).]

The problem occurs with Norton utilities on or off. I have an ATI video card with the latest Dell approved driver, the hardware acceleration is set to full, I'll try backing that off even though it had worked fine up until installing VA. I turned off the programs running in the background. There were two anderesen window libraries uploaded in the Object browser, this is the first time I have used this feature, I'll try deleting library items to see if it makes a difference. Thanks

I had to quit Vectorworks for the first time due to low GDI resources since upgrading from the first release of Vectorworks. My screen began to lose fonts and palettes began to disappear. Today I tried to draw just one window from the andersen library and then render it using Renderworks and that produced a warning. I have 320Mb of RAM and an 8MB video accelerator. I'm certain this is sufficient as I had rendered much larger and complex files while running several other applications as well, before installing VA. According to the information I've read this problem usually only occurs when running 16 bit applications. Using Norton utilities system information I discovered that a 16 bit Vectorworks application 6.22 KB in size is running , in addition to the 32 bit Vectorworks application. What is this 16 bit application for? I'm fairly certain this Low GDI resources problem has only resurfaced since installing Architect. I've been using 8.5.1 for a couple months and hadn't noticed it.

Marc

Glad to hear that turning down your acceleration helped. You may wish to turn your acceleration down to 25% to achieve better results. Some might suggest turning your acceleration off completely, however I found that I had scrolling issues with my video causing "wave" effects with none due to the 2D acceleration your card provides. However, at 25% I have had no trouble.

You may find that your setting now is adequate, or you may need to lower it one more time. This is up to you, but there are instances of full acceleration that have caused problems within the software.