Rotating Projection cone and projector in 3D

Mike Ross

HI there

Getting a bit frustrated. I've had to create a UST projector for a project which has a define offset I've modified an existing projector to do this. Now i have the angle and offset sorted I need to rotate along the X axis to place into the drawing.  Rational for this is that i couldn't find a way to modify the projection cone starting point so i've angled my projector to match whats need (image attached). I know i can't rotate a hybrid so i've tried to delete the 2D symbol but once i've deleted the data in the 2D symbol i'm still told its a hybrid not sure what I've done wrong here. I've ended up having to export the projector out to sketchup rotate and drop it back in but obviously losing all the projection data (which isn't a big deal) but you'd think there would be a way to rotate the projector AND the projection cone linked together along the X axis. 

any help would be great

Screenshot 2020-11-03 at 15.02.47.png

You may want to give ProjectionViz a try. You can run a full-featured demo for 90 days. https://www.benghiatlighting.com/software/products/pv-1

As the name implies, the Video Screen tool prioritizes drawing the projection screen. ProjectionViz concentrates on the projection cone, with parameters analogous to real-world projector specs. The latest update will rotate the 3D component of the projector symbol to match the projection cone, with distinct behavior between the pan/tilt and lens shift parameters. The cone projects from the insertion point of the symbol along the positive Y axis.