Exporting to Revit

Boehm Architecture

Question

Hi All,

I'm having some trouble transferring/exporting to revit from vectorworks 2021. When I do the export to Revit all the walls that have openings (ie windod and doors) doesn't generate. There is also an issue when scaling in revit as well. I wonder if anyone has this issue and what their solution was. i have tried contacting the tech department but they haven't responded and I have a deadline Wednesday. Please help. Thank you!

-Rene

10 answers to this question

Most of the data shows up. I attached images of what the model looks like in Revit. All the objects where clickable and showed that it was a vectorworks object. The walls that did show up were the walls with doors and windows. The person that opened the model said this "attached is what I see when I open up the model in Revit. I am able to click on individual pieces and see that it was created in Vectorworks.  It also doesn’t seem to be opening with inches/feet - I created a plan view, and not much was showing so I tried to change where in plan it was cutting through and the view range listed huge numbers like 2300 instead of like 10’-6”

IPH P2 - Model View 1.JPG

IPH P2 - Model View 2.JPG

IPH P2 - Model View 3.JPG

• Like 1

10'-6" =3200mm so I'm guessing the scaling issue is a units mismatch.

Try changing your document's units to mm before exporting to Revit.

You might find the missing walls are due to storey-bounding translation issues that might resolve once you get the scaling sorted out.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for your Info.

Scaled exchange seems to be wide problem somehow.

I just have Autodesks Revit Demo scenes to play with,

and they come in in reasonably scale into VW.

But I also have scale issues with Revit import in Bricscad's initial exporter.

On the other hand the basic RVT Demo still has serious geometry issues

when importing to VW. (Walls connected to Roof and such)

Not so in Bricscad.

For the larger School Project demo, Bricscad misses some Slabs and Walls

which had openings for Curtain Wall. While VW has the Slabs and the Wall

but misses the Curtain Wall insertion.

So I asume all have some problems with Revits Wall inserts.

In both directions ....

4 hours ago, bcd said:

10'-6" =3200mm so I'm guessing the scaling issue is a units mismatch.

Try changing your document's units to mm before exporting to Revit.

You might find the missing walls are due to storey-bounding translation issues that might resolve once you get the scaling sorted out.

Is the unit mismatch an automatic thing when exporting too revit? I only ask because the units I use in Vectorwork is in inch/feet scale is 1:48. Should I be changing the units too mm? 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @Boehm Architecture

It seems that setting Fill Style attribute of the document to None interferes with the rendering of the walls and Revit Export process has difficulties to export them, so to workaround this issue, until we fixed it, just set Fill Style attribute of the document to Solid.

image.png

Please write me back if this is not the case with your document.

Best regards,
Vasko

On 11/26/2020 at 11:21 AM, Vasil Kitanov said:

Hi @Boehm Architecture

It seems that setting Fill Style attribute of the document to None interferes with the rendering of the walls and Revit Export process has difficulties to export them, so to workaround this issue, until we fixed it, just set Fill Style attribute of the document to Solid.

image.png

Please write me back if this is not the case with your document.

Best regards,
Vasko

Hi Vasko,

Thank you for the effort. I have not tested this yet but i will soon. I am currently swamped with other projects and this one has been placed on the back burner. But again thank you for your time on this. I will let you know the results when I have a minute to spare on this particular file. 

Thanks,

Rene

• Like 1