butting together windows + doors

Hi again -

I am working on a model in which I want to butt together two seperate windows that I created using the VW Architect window buttons. The windows are different sizes, operate differently, etc. and there fore can not be created using the complex window function. The problem I am running into is that when two seperate windows are butted together THAT HAVE A FRAME DEPTH LESS THAN THAT OF THE WALL THICKNESS, there is an infinitely thin plane (the same depth as the wall) between the two windows. I can put a patch over this plane in 2D, but it shows up in 3D - very annoying.

thanks

------------------

d. s h a f f e r

a r c h i t e c t

k c m o u s a

There is a relatively simple solution to your problem. Using the edit symbol tool, select one of the windows, copy the 2D portion, open the second symbol and edit that one. Paste the 2D portion in. Follow the same procedure for the 3D portion. With both symbols selected, join them together and save them as the "joined" symbol. You may then insert the joined symbol into your wall without having the gap you described.