Creating report of plant list/schedule with only selected plants

rbkla

Question

Can someone advise how to select the plants for a plant list/schedule (using pre-formatted report plant list-simple)? I am working on a large residential project, & the project is in phases. I’d like to make a list for just the back yard, just the front yard, etc. but the lists just update to include all plants. I know I am missing something. Thank you!

9 answers to this question

@rbkla no problem, see attached file and image for an example. Basically, I created two design layers for planting, front and rear.  Using the default Vectorworks plants, I dropped some plants on each design layer.  Then, I made a sheet to demonstrate three different criteria based plant lists... one each for the entire project,  front yard, and back yard.  Using the report tool, I dropped a preformatted plant list into the drawing.  On subsequent plant lists, I renamed the report to reflect if it was for the front or rear.  Then, the criteria for each was modified to look for plants on a particular design layer in the case of front or back.  Attached images show how that works.  You highlight row 3, click the 'database' dropdown, and select edit criteria.  You can see an example of some database criteria in the last image or in the actual file I attached.

Hope it helps.

1569691471_ScreenShot2020-11-01at3_19_47PM.thumb.png.d0d7da3e57c418731ba2452cf5114d34.png

1835180046_ScreenShot2020-11-01at3_19_23PM.thumb.png.aaac1b173c4a6096ac53a20e41c604f2.png

plantlists by design layer.vwx

• Like 1