Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Limits on OIP entry

jeff_farrow

I've created a marionette object to model a Global Truss ST-157 crank up stand. Initially, I used a slider to manipulate the height value, but I found it wasn't granular enough; so I switched to a Dim Node. I limited the minimum and maximum heights within the script, but the user can still enter a value outside the allowable range in the OIP, which subsequently remains in the OIP field, even though my script has prevented the illegal value from being used to move the component symbols. 

How can I have the OIP field reflect the actual value when I've forced a limit on it?

Many thanks to Sarah for her Scissor Lift code which is the core of my script.

ST-157.vwx

Edited by jeff_farrow
clarity, updated file
  • 1 month later...

If you want the slider to have more options, all you need to do is delete the first line inside the node and adjust the floor (min) and ceiling (max) value to your gusto.1677949292_Bildschirmfoto2020-12-23um14_31_06.thumb.png.dde7166846ad44a9efc9d9a8a6299cb8.png

The slider min./max. values are enforced since Vectorworks 2020 SP2 - meaning: you cannot type in whatever value you want. If you go below, the number will stay at the min value and at the max when you go above it.

• Like 2