hollister design Studio

Toggle for editing options?

Is there a toggle for "show other objects while in edit modes"?

It's a lot of menu hoping to get to Tools/options/vectorworks preferences/display and then the check box.

I often like to see the rest of the drawing, and I also often like to have the edit isolated....

• Like 1

Yes, in the Quick Prefences section of the mode bar. It is the last icon (Rounded Rectangle with the eye). You can choose what Quick Preferences to show by using the disclosure triangle just to the right of the icons.

image.thumb.png.6450ae8d5ed00b175d86f9d15ce00471.png

If you want to create something to be able to use a keyboard shortcut it is a one line script that you can use in a PlugIn Menu Item and then add to your workspace.

SetPref(14, Not(GetPref(14)));

2021 Designer, but it should be in Fundamentals also. Click the down pointing Disclosure Triangle to right of the icons and you can choose which Quick Prefs to show.

"If you see a little triangle in VW (either open or filled), it means they are hiding something from you. You probably want to click it and see what it is."  

-Pat Stanford,  Every Los Angeles Users Group Meeting since time immemorial.

;-)

• Like 1

@Pat StanfordIs there a shortcut key to toggle on and off "Object Retention Mode" in the Move by points tool? Also Tape Measure? Or a way for me to add one to my workspace?  Thank you!!

(old school, prefer keys as much as possible for speed 😏)

1 hour ago, LCarm said:

Is there a shortcut key to toggle on and off "Object Retention Mode" in the Move by points tool?

'O' (the letter.  Not zero).

"Look at the mode bar for any tool.  'U' will cycle through the first group of modes, 'I' will cycle through the second group of modes', etc. through '[' if necessary."  

-Pat Stanford, Every Los Angeles Users Group Meeting since time immemorial.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1