Best A3 printer faxes

Hi there, ive just started up on my own last month and im looking at getting a good A3 printer. The only problem is I need to be able to send A3 size faxes as well.

I cant afford ?2000 for a nice fancy one, can anyone out there help me by letting me know what ones to look at or if there is a way around it.

Thanks Simon

I don't use it but I understand there is a service to send fax via email, but why can't you send emails instead of faxes anyway with the drawings as pdf's attached ?

I only ever saw a A3 fax about ten years ago, and it was for inter office use between a UK and USA office each having A3 machines. I never saw it used in A3 mode with anybody else because they only had A4 at the recieving end.

Of course a modem in your computer (if you have one) can be used as a fax machine with the right software, but I don't know if the software shows A3 paper sizes. I used this to "fax" drawings from VW to my clients before switching to pdf and email.

Good luck

Alan

[ 04-13-2006, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: alanmac ]

Yeah I know its a bit weird, but ive got a client who doesant have a PC so wants all the drawings asending to them via A3 fax (pain int the backside.

I know I can fax via the PC on A4 but you cant get a A3 fax driver for the PC without the A3 printer being a fax machine as well, or so ive been told.

But thanks for the reply.

Simon