Simple rendering help required

Kevin C

After looking closer, I’ll walk back my comments about OpenGL. It does work quite well for my usage, but I wouldn’t use it for detailed section views on architectural plans. For my purposes I need vendors to see how items fit together and get a handful of dimensions and call out text blocks and OpenGL works great and looks somewhat artistic, but not really for detailed architectural work. 

OpenGL can only show black pixel-based edges; it'll never show an object's pen or lineweight.

But using OpenGL background render (no Color, no Edges, w/ AO) with Hidden Line foreground render usually looks fantastic. Hidden Line can of course be slow depending on the model, but it's worked well for me 95% of the time.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Andy Broomell said:

OpenGL can only show black pixel-based edges; it'll never show an object's pen or lineweight.

But using OpenGL background render (no Color, no Edges, w/ AO) with Hidden Line foreground render usually looks fantastic. Hidden Line can of course be slow depending on the model, but it's worked well for me 95% of the time.

That is a brilliant idea!