Bring Back “Move by Points Settings” Dialogue Box

willofmaine

Question

I use the Move by Points tool extensively.  In VW 2020, when I double-tap my keyboard shortcut, the "Move by Points Settings" dialogue box comes up, I punch in the number of duplicates I want, and hit return.  Very fast.  In VW 2021, the "Move by Points Tool Preferences" button seems to have gone away so that it's now necessary to find the "Number of Duplicates" box, get the cursor to it, and then type in the number of duplicates.  PLEASE bring back the "Move by Points Tool Preferences" button!!!   VWIS205

This is similar to the Fillet Tool: years ago one could simply double-tap the "7" key, and immediately punch in the radius.  But for some years now, it's been necessary to enter the radius into the "Fillet Radius" box.  Not such a big deal for the Fillet Tool but, for me, for Move by Points, this removed functionality is very much missed!

On the bright side, the preview of objects that will be placed when using the Move by Points tool in VW 2021 is excellent!  And it looks like it works for Mirror as well; great!

• Love 1

2 answers to this question

Interesting, I guess I didn't realize those fields could be activated by the mode keys; I thought those keys only just cycled through the available fields for any one mode.

I actually have my "D" key set to Move by Points (I use it a LOT), so I've replaced "P" with "R" and hopefully the close proximity "D" and "R" will make this (almost) as good as just hitting the "D" key twice.  Thanks for the suggestion!