Printing to a dot matrix printer

FredB

Question

I need to print accurate full-scale printouts for drilling long, narrow boards. I am using tractor feed paper on an Epson LX-350. The print is compressing the Y axis. I also need to remove the automatic spacing between "sheets", so that the printout is one continuous piece. Where can I find settings to correct these things?

2 answers to this question

It has been a really long time since I messed with dot matrix printers.  ;-)

Compression in the Y direction is probably an issue with the printer driver rather than VW.

For the long length, I would recommend creating a custom paper size of 8.5' wide x however long the LX350 will handle (or you need) and use the One Printer Page page setup option. Paper sizes are normally settable in Printer Setup from the Page Setup dialog box.

20 Plus yers ago I used a dot matrix printer. I printed multiple, tiled sheets, cut off margins with an exact-o knife and taped them together. Then I brought them to a local copy shop and they made blue prints from them.  Not really fun. And these days not necessary. Here are a couple options:

1) Buy a reasonable cost ink jet printer. Around 1,000 for D size and roll feed.

2) Send PDF's to your local architectural print shop and have them print. In my town it is about 1.25 per D size sheet.