Creating seating tags

MarcW

hello all,

I have been handed a project to auto count seating sections and because of covid restrictions, the seating arrangements that the venue have, in conjunction with their ticketing system cannot (yet) handle the different variations. For instance, for every group of visitors that are in the same "bubble" and who would be allowed to sit together, one seat on either side has to be free. At the moment, this is going to be done manually - yes yes, a right pain in the neck - but I am looking for a way that I can tag each seating section with the different totals of seats, and also the total number of seats. Can I style the tag to recognise the differing symbols that I have used in each section?

In my attached example, the seat symbols are;

black - normal

red - free

green - sold

Am I going about this in the correct/most logical way?

As always, any help greatly appreciated 🙂

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 11.50.55.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Above is a video on one way you could do this, you won't need different symbols.

Breaking the seating section like this will mean you can no longer tag the section to display counts but you can put a worksheet on the drawing that just displays totals of that new record field.