Elin

Heights/spot elevations on site model/objects in section

Hi, 

I have made a section in a site model and would like to put out some heights/spot elevations on the terrain. Can you do it and what tool would you use? 

image.thumb.png.fb2cd3b94df0f9a0919f88d21c1dfa39.png

Thanks! 

/Elin

Edited by Elin
added picture

Place Stake objects where you need the elevations, select them and use the Send to Surface command in the AEC:Terrain menu (in the Designer workspace. Probably the same in the Landmark workspace.).

Hi Pat,

I tried but with no success unfortunately.. 

I can see the stake object in plan and also the locus when I edit "section in place", but shows no tag.

image.thumb.png.43dbe2d2bc6561755788f3f53e537943.png

image.thumb.png.0f45970f99199189d3f379dec844a321.png

image.png

I have never tried using a Stake in Edit Section in place mode. Do you have the Stake Mode (in the OIP) to be Use as 2D/3D Graphic only?

@Pat Stanford I understand. The stake was "set elevation to site model" but I also tried to change the mode to "Use onbly as 2D/3D graphic" but it still doesnt show anything. 

@Frederic_Vbc Unfortunately the tag doesnt show either.

I dont know what you are thinking about this issue, but for us this is a fundamental tool that we would need and use everyday. We are working hard to implement VW for us as a landscaping firm, but still think the program is missing some basic tools that we would really be in need of! 

@Elin Did you put your data tag on the viewport ?
I Could not find a data tag just for elevation so I quickly made one. Have a look at the file attached. Is that what you want to achieve ?

On your design layer :

• Set your 3D stakes on the site model
  • Create a section
  • Set your section viewport on a new sheet layer

On the sheet layer :

• Enter annotation mode in your viewport
  • Use the data tag on your stakes. (As mentionned, I made a custom one. It takes 2 min and you can save it in your library. See picture below)

Custom Data tag elev.png

Data tag elev.png

Elevation data tag.vwx

• Like 2