Revit to Vectorworks Import Settings

samgbickel

Question

Hello,

What are the best settings for importing a Revit model into a Vectorworks space?

I currently do the following:
1) Create New Drawing
2) Import RVT with the following settings:

image.thumb.png.9987ac9428c7d0f286c6ca307d2cca2a.png

3) Wait 45 minutes - 1 Hour for Import

4) Spend 1-2 Hours cleaning up the RVT model, as all the layers/settings from Revit are missing (EXG, Demo, Etc is retained/lost based on no apparent setting).

Are there optimal settings for the import process? I was able to get a cleaner import by getting a Revit Trial and ETransmitting only the 3D model work for import, but I don't feel that I can ask the architect to spend time cleaning up their Revit model for this purpose. I am hoping that There is an issue with how I am importing and not that this is just how the process will work every time.

Thanks

3 answers to this question

I will have to try later with solids.

There are other issues with the import. All of the doors/windows are coming in solid black, so I have to individually go into each Symbol in the resource browser and change to white. Is this controlled in the settings somewhere? I would rather have the import default to a solid white instead of black...

I am going to try the 2D/3D views import at the end of day to see if it will retain the existing/demo layers in some form (even a view) so that I can batch delete them, as well as the texture/color imports.