Data Visualization and Exterior/Interior Wall components (@ Windows)

Afternoon All,

Does anyone know how to apply data visualization to the exterior/interior wall components governed by plug in window symbols?

See below example of a simple data visualization that turns all walls grey. As you can see the wrapped wall components that are part of the window symbol have not taken the grey fill.

image.thumb.png.d8786ce8f3ba61fe2f75e26e09e47888.png

Is there a specific criteria that controls these elements that can be added to the visualization criteria? I would have thought they would be an extension of the wall they are inserted into and would display the same as the wall to which they are attached but clearly not.

Ideally for a simple grey fill we would utilise the wall type attributes and low detail level but unfortunately this is an existing project (prior to our use of data visualization) where said wall style attributes have been used to assign different colours to different wall types.

Hoping to avoid having to go through the project amending all wall type attributes to show grey at low detail and applying a data visualization for the colour coding.

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
4 hours ago, DuncanR said:

@Matt Panzer @Pat Stanford

Any solutions for this come to mind? It is rearing its head again for another project i'm working on but can't for the life of me find a solution

Hi Duncan,

Have you tried using the new wall closures in VW 2022 instead of the Plug-in based "Exterior/Interior Wall Detail"?  The new wall closures model the wrapping in 3D and Data Vis should apply to them in the same way it does the rest of the wall.

Hi Matt - This is an existing project that is now nearing completion and we are preparing As Built information. Don't really want to go through all the window styles changing from the Ext/Int wall Detail to Wall closures, especially since there are ongoing issues with the wall closure, e.g. wall closure hidden when a sill is used.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
6 hours ago, DuncanR said:

Hi Matt - This is an existing project that is now nearing completion and we are preparing As Built information. Don't really want to go through all the window styles changing from the Ext/Int wall Detail to Wall closures, especially since there are ongoing issues with the wall closure, e.g. wall closure hidden when a sill is used.

Yeah.  I wouldn't recommend doing that then.

I don't think there are any other good solutions but I hope someone can provide wrong.

On 5/12/2022 at 5:22 PM, Tom W. said:

Is it possible to use class overrides on the Wall component classes instead? Then the window wrapping will be grey too

If i do this on top of the Data Visualisation I can get them to show all a solid colour. Not ideal but it will do for now. Thanks Tom.