Plant List - erroneous data

jpd1009

Hi,

I have been editing data in a plant list and what I change "sometimes" changes correctly, and "sometimes" puts in different values.

Detail

------

Height, Spread and Scheduled Size are the fields I am having problems with.

I will edit the data via the Define Plant dialog for the above mentioned, save and then when I open the plant list and recalculate either the data doesnt update or it changes to a different value.

I is quite frustrating as this behaviour is only occuring with a couple of the plants.

I am now in the process of replacing the plants from scratch to see if there is a problem with the data.

I am not sure what my question is, maybe just...help! [Wink]

thanks

JamesD

PS: I am running VW 11.0.1 on XP.

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I have tried your suggestion, but have seen no change to the data when I recalculate the plant list.

What I did was:

1. Select a plant, change an attribute (in this case the line type) and returned the change th the original setting.

This appeared to apply a refresh to the plant twice.

2. Recalculate the plant list.

cheers

James

No, for all plants that are affected this option is unselected.

For scheduled Size the field is not populating for a couple of plants.

For Height and Width the values for some plants are not what is shown in the define plant dialog. In some cases the values are OK.

I can get the Weight and Width values to change, but not every time I apply a change. I am still changing the data to see if I can see a pattern. (there is none obvious)

Maybe you like see the file?

I have done further investigation.

I created a new file and get much the same problem.

The header values for the "problem" columns are:

='Plant Record'.'Scheduled Size'

='Plant Record'.'Spread'

='Plant Record'.'Height'

I was eventually able to populate Scheduled Size correctly so I think my earlier report saying it did not work after a refresh was due to the fact that I did not select every instance of the plant in that particular file. The simple file I created here initially showed a blank Scheduled Size but after a refresh on all instances of the plants the recalculate worked.

Height and Spread are still showing values different to the Define Plant values.