AmandaM22

Question

I am so sorry that I have no idea what I'm doing with these chairs, but I thank you all for your patience and help. 

This time, I pretty much just need to number my seats, however, the seating tool was not at all doing what I needed it to be doing so I switched over to just using an array and editing from there. However, now it seems that you can't number them or that I can't convert the section I made into a section Vectorworks likes. So basically, from here, I'm not sure if I need to scrap the array and go back to fighting with the seating tool or if there's a few crucial steps I'm missing. Thanks again! 

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

3 hours ago, AmandaM22 said:

I am so sorry that I have no idea what I'm doing with these chairs, but I thank you all for your patience and help. 

This time, I pretty much just need to number my seats, however, the seating tool was not at all doing what I needed it to be doing so I switched over to just using an array and editing from there. However, now it seems that you can't number them or that I can't convert the section I made into a section Vectorworks likes. So basically, from here, I'm not sure if I need to scrap the array and go back to fighting with the seating tool or if there's a few crucial steps I'm missing. Thanks again! 

Hi @AmandaM22 So I used to into this alot and for me the simplest solution has been to create a record format SEATING, with two fields: 

• Chair Number

• Remarks

Then I place a text item in an appropriate position on the 2D chair element inside the chair symbol

This allows me to have an easily fillable field. either from the Data Tab of the OIP, or my FAVE, using Savvy Sequencer, a plugin of great power and flexibility for numbering anything.

I have attached a small VWX 2020 drawing with 2 different chairs & record formats. in it, both show chair numbers, albeit slightly differently…

Chair+Record.vwx

• Like 1