View Bar Not Accessible

I am not able to access the view bar on my VW drawings as it dissapears below the bottom edge of my screen . I can't work out how to remedy this , I don't know whether it is a VW or Mac OSX or LG screen preference issue . Would be grateful for any direction . Its silly but painful.

Jonas Mac

VW Architect / Renderworks 12 , Dual 2G Hz G5 , OSX10.4 . LG Flatron 20.1 display.

Thanks for your suggestions which have allowed me to get access to the view bar and breathe more easily.

I notice however the dock dissapears below bottom of the screen when I set the monitor to its highest resolution . Not strictly a VW issue but would be like to know if this is because I have a wrong setting or other.

Jonas Mac

VW Architect / Renderworks 12 , Dual 2G Hz G5 , OSX10.4 . LG Flatron 20.1 display

Peter

Yes I did and it worked .

The only issue I have is having to do it each time I launch VW. But it solves my problem.

Much appreciated.

Jonas Mac

VW Architect / Renderworks 12 , Dual 2G Hz G5 , OSX10.4 . LG Flatron 20.1 display

Jonas, when you have a blank page the correct size for your screen do the following:

- Save as Template a new VectorWorks Default template file (choose to replace the existing one)

- Then go File / New and select this VectorWorks Default template from the pop-up list.

This will make this page size the default and this should be what you will get each time you start VectorWorks or create a new file.

NOTE: If you have Fundamentals and therefore don't have a pre-existing Templates folder inside your VW application folder you will need to create one beforehand.

Similar issue: occasionally stretching a palette (OIP,RB, NAV) while working on my PB with external monitor, when at home (shouldn't be working so much at home!) the PB display is not large enough to access bottom of palette to re-stretch. Being at max res (1280x854) there's no way to reset temporarily. I have to wait til I'm back at the office.

For a while I got used to the size required to avoid this, but with the 12.0.1 change in OIP for windows PIOs (longer requiring scrolling if not stretched out) I find I'm again forgetting to down size my OIP before heading home. Inconvenient.