Site modifiers - hide/show by class

line-weight

I seem to have some memory that it's supposed to be possible to turn site modifiers on/off by class...

In other words, I have my base site model, and I have two possible site modifications, I can put one version of the site modifier in class A and the other in class B.

Then I can choose which version of the modified site model I want to see by turning class A or B on/off.

This doesn't seem to work though .... should it?

1 hour ago, Tony Kostreski said:

Hey @line-weight,

I recommend using two separate design layers. In the Site Model Settings under General, select "Use Site Modifiers on:" and select the appropriate design layers. 

You can simply move what you've created to a new design layer so no time is really wasted 😉

Hope this helps!

Hi - thank you for the quick reply.

That's useful to know about - and partly does what I want.

However, really I'd like to be able to have the modifiers applied differently per viewport and per saved view.

So I have two viewports of the same site model but in one of them, one set of modifications is visible, and in the other, the other set of modifications.

I don't think this is possible via the method you suggest, though?

11 hours ago, Boh said:

You could create snapshots of the DTM as you modify them.

Thanks - I hadn't appreciated that snapshots are "live" - ie, they will update along with any changes to the basic model they are created from.

So, I think I can do what I want, by putting my different modifier versions on different layers, and creating snapshots where those layers are off or on.

This necessitates creating a bunch of new layers though... which isn't a deal breaker but it's a shame that the same can't be achieved using classes instead, because I generally try and keep my layers to a minimum. And it goes against the philosophy of layers=where and classes=what.

*****edit - cancel that. It doesn't work, because a snapshot doesn't seem to save the "use site modifiers on layer X" setting.

Edited by line-weight