Create Walls from Polygon

I noticed when meeting with another VectorWorks user who was demonstrating VW 12 that the command "Create Walls from Polygon," a great command in my current 10.5, is no longer available for Version 12.

Is this true? [Confused]

This is a command I used quite frequently in my work, and its omission will inevitably adversely affect my decision to upgrade to 12.

[ 03-31-2006, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: johncruet ]

objects from polyline creates walls using the last wall style, you have to make sure that you choose the wall stlyeyou want beore you use that command.

The walls from polygon gives you a little more control over the walls, allowing you to change the wall height, thickness and class assignment of the new wall. It?s easier to figure out the new wall position relative to the ploygon, so for most people it?s easier and faster to use.

The objects from polyline does all of that for you too. You can determine whether the wall falls along the centerline, left or right of the polygon.

However, the class is now controlled in the wall style definition as well as the wall height.