45 degree isometric

BGD

@jeff prince basically I need scaled orthogonal drawing that has ground line of wall & floor @ 90 degrees and ground line of floor and wall height @ 45 degrees. So for eg in the file lets say red is the wall & green is the ground. I have tried to make Wall  floor line and floor ground line as 90 degree, but the the angle betweeen wall ht & floor line is almost 70 degree.

axo 45.vwx

In Architecture Studies I totally misunderstood Isometrics 90°/45°/45°

because I thought and I still think that makes no sense - you can't recognize

anything.

So I developed my 90°/30!/60° fake Cavalier/Trimetric Isometric.

And professors told me to do wrong.

Still, the first thing I always do when switching into a standard Isometric View

is to rotate it slightly so that I am able to recognize my Geometry.

Because it looks so awful for square Columns, Walls and Rooms if it is 90/45/45.

(Asked here for an Option to rotate ISO a bit out of 45/45 many years ago)

Would love to have some non-standard View Options.

• Like 1

@jeff prince You completely right. Maybe the term I am using is wrong. Yes it is the military oblique I am after

@zoomer Thats so true that this projection looks awful practically. But I suppose the educational courses go for 90/45/45 look because it is easiest to draw by hand and the idea is to teach how to go about drawing these projections by hand. So, have you nailed this projection in VW (i mean 90/45/45)? How do you go about it? I have tried my best and looks quite close but still not perfect.

Thanks both

• 6 months later...

@BGD Makes sense.  This is a typical right of passage in architecture school, the creation of pseudo perspective drawings with no foreshortening.  It's easier to teach people how to go from plan to perspective this way.  The real fun starts when you manually layout 3 point perspectives.  Professors probably don't want you drawing in CAD so you can learn the value of walking uphill, thru the snow, both ways 🙂

• Like 1