Side Light Schematic View

salukitd

• 2 weeks later...

Sort of on topic, but I have a side question on schematic views.  For some reason, I have a file that all my schematic view's are displaying in a wireframe with no fill, as opposed to the standard white fill I've always had before.  Any suggestions as to what might be causing this? And further, are there any ways to edit the graphical look of schematic views in general? 

Answered it for myself: the original truss object must have a fill, and then you also seemingly have to have a fill selected while creating the schematic view (as opposed to having no fill selected at the time of creation).  

Edited by designedAF
  • 2 weeks later...

All,

I have a very simple boom (only 3 lights) for which I'm trying to create a schematic view. I select the rigging object (which is the pipe at the back of the box), then click Spotlight/Visualization/Create Schematic View. Then I choose front elevation... and it crashes the program any time. The only schematic view it will give me is a top view, but them I have a booger of a time with the witness lines and the symbols snapping back to the base of the position.

Am I using the tool incorrectly? Should I use a different approach altogether? File attached. 

Thanks!

EDIT: I was able to create the schematic view after redrawing my pipes as just rigging objects. Now, when I go back into the symbol and add a position name, any name, it deletes the 2D schematic object. Thoughts?

Edited by Mike Foster
Figured part of it out
  • 1 year later...

I have attempted to use the schematic tool for booms for the first time.

Yays:

• It's an easy tool to deploy

Boos:

• having to make an array of fixtures sans c-clamp & moved up to accommodate new hang point on fixture (entire ETC Source Four catalogs for ex)
    • (do I really need to do this? or am I missing something, as I am wont to do)
  • Having the Schematic render a fixture such that it requires much fiddling to make it align with all it's other position sibs [see attached pdfs & vwx file - what is that red band which I cannot make go away, unless I restore the default rotation of th3 schematic)

I feel reasonably confident I am missing something fundamental here. Any assistance gratefully accepted.

Included is the vwx file as well s some output pdfs and screenshots.

My profile shows my M1 MBP stats, I am updated to latest VWX svc pack 5

Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 8.40.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 8.38.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 8.37.20 AM.png

Schematics Test exp.pdf Schematics Test pub.pdf

Schematics Test.vwx

Edited by mjm
41 minutes ago, markdd said:

Its actually quite simple to solve and is all to do with how the geometry sits inside the hanging position.

I made a video about a year ago. You can find a direct explanation of your use case at 6 mins in.

Super, Thank you @markdd, I'll check it out immediately