Reverting to previous saved version

On a few occasions recently I've been fat fingered on my Mac and my drawing has somehow reverted to a previously saved version, with no option to undo. I lose all my recent work and there doesn't seem to have been a back up although it's set to automatically back up every 5 mins. I don't know what weird combination I'm doing on the keyboard to make this happen but it's clearly highly annoying and frustrating. When I look at how to do a revert if I wanted to that option seems to be greyed out on the toolbar so not sure how this is even possible. Can I remove the keyboard shortcut so it can't happen at all? 

The default workspaces don't have any keyboard shortcut for this. If yours does, you can edit your Workspace to remove it. Or to be even safer, not only remove the keyboard shortcut, but bury the command a level deeper, possibly under the Close menu command so you are unlikely to accidentally click on it in the menu.

But when I use Revert to Saved in VW2021, I get a warning dialog box.

Thank you so much Pat, I have set it to a very unlikely combination of keys. Hopefully it won't happen again!

While I'm at it can I ask you - can you remove the shortcut that changes views when you hit the number keypad? This happens when I don't quite hit the tab key properly first and is annoying to get back to the previous view when it happens accidentally....

Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to disconnect the Standard Views from the numeric keypad.

The only option I can suggest is to get a keyboard without the numeric keypad and then try a bunch external keypads. I had one years ago that did not switch views as the keypresses were mapped to the number keys across the top of the keyboard rather than the keypad. I don't know if you could find a keypad that would do that now or not.

I have no idea what is triggering your reverts. I have not heard anyone else having this problem.

I have my autosave set to save in a different location (all VW files are backed up to a single folder for ease of later purging) and I have it based on the number of operations rather than time. That way you know that the save will alway start between operations rather than in the middle of a drawing operation.

Just for ducks, you might want to reset your preferences, or even drag your user folder to the desktop and restart VW so it can create a new one. Perhaps you have some corruption in your user folder that is causing the problem.