Trouble switching off plant tags separately in viewport

Heidi

Hi 

How can I switch off the plant tags separately in viewport without the plant symbol disappearing?  Plant tags are assigned to plant-component-tag at the moment.  When clicking on the plant or tag it highlights the other. 

I have looked at the plant tag video in site design but doesn't explain this.

Thanks

Heidi

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Heidi,

If the plant tags are on class "plant-component-tag" simply turn the visibility of the class on/off in the Navigation palette. If it's on a sheet layer, this can be done through the viewport>class settings. Assuming your plant symbols are on a different class (i.e. plants-proposed), this should work.

I recommend taking a look at Data Tags—very powerful! There are some preconfigured plant tags but they can certainly be customized 😉

Tony

Hi Tony

thanks for replying.  

I had tried previously to turn off the plants tags class on the sheet layer but the tag disappears and the plant.  I then thought that the plant must be on the plant tag class and I changed its class to canopy and bloom then switched off the plant tags and it worked but then the plants disappeared off my planting plan sheet layer.

Not sure what to do, have searched the forum conversations for answers but havent found any yet.

• 1 year later...