Massing Model ridge height setting

Tom W.

Question

It would be great to have the option of setting a ridge height for the roof when you create a Massing Model. At the moment you enter a height for the eaves + an angle for the roof slope + the height of the ridge is worked out accordingly. I am most often working from site surveys where I have eaves heights + ridge heights but to create massing models of these buildings I have to work out the roof angles manually by sketching the buildings in section. It would be a lot quicker + easier if I could choose to enter the eaves heights + ridge heights + let VW work out what the angle of the roof slope is.

2001462601_Screenshot2020-10-09at17_33_58.thumb.png.0225a811cd0ba6db7b6b30dec7366e1e.png

• Like 2

1 answer to this question

Thank you Matt I was wondering whether anyone else felt the same. Here is an example survey drawing showing ground levels, eaves levels (EL) + ridge levels (RL). The Massing Model tool is a great way to rapidly create these buildings using the survey info + produce a very realistic scene + having the option of being able to input a ridge height would make it even quicker.

2029945954_Screenshot2020-10-13at06_08_02.thumb.png.550bbd16c9ce4594d777453add1bf48d.png