Label Legend Container issue

mercury2768

Question

Hello,

New Spotlight 2021 user here. I’m trying to add a container to my Channel number in my label legend manager but there’s no dropdown when I click the container section. It’s just stuck at none. Do I have to build these myself or am I missing some default ones like circle and oval and such that I need to get somewhere?

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, mercury2768 said:

Hello,

New Spotlight 2021 user here. I’m trying to add a container to my Channel number in my label legend manager but there’s no dropdown when I click the container section. It’s just stuck at none. Do I have to build these myself or am I missing some default ones like circle and oval and such that I need to get somewhere?

There is no dropdown there. You need to click on the word none in the row of the field that you want to add the container to. Click until it reads the desired container name. 

when you open the Label legend Manager for the first time 4 default containers are automatically added to your document ( circle, triangle, Rectangle and hexagon). They are placed as 2D symbols in a folder named Containers in the recourse manager. 

if that is not the case in your file you could try to open a new file and open the LL manager and then import the created container folder with it’s contents to the file you are working in. 

Also you can create containers yourself. If you crate a 2D symbol and place it in the folder named Containers, it will then become available to use in the label legend manager. The insertion point of the containers 2D symbol will be placed at the center point of the text field that you apply it to.