"Under the Roof" Methodology??

Say I'm working on a cape-style house, where the second floor is "under the roof" (that is, the roof eaves are low, such as at or a little above the second floor level), and I want my Second Floor Plan to show the roof below the cut plane (let's say the cut plane's at 4' above the floor).  How is it intended that I (ideally easily...) do that in Vectorworks??

My current system is to model the roof in 3D, save it as a 3D symbol, and then use auto hybrids to properly display multiple instances of that roof symbol on both the Second Floor Plan and on the Roof Plan.  Unfortunately, Vectorworks seems incapable of "reaching" into the components of auto hybrids or solids, so I can't run a report on, say, the roof area represented by the Roof Face objects that my 3D roof is made up of.

So how does one achieve both the ability for the correct architectural representation of roofs and the ability to do quantity take-offs for those roofs?...   VWIS204

• 3 weeks later...