Windows and doors still rubbish 2021

paulg

I create 3d models where the window (and doors) are not always placed in walls. I expect my window style to work in both situations, however the problem is that the sash keeps flipping sides between interior and exterior when placed in a wall verses just freestanding.

In order to view 3d windows not in walls correctly, I have to create a new style that flips the internal sash colour with the exterior sash colour.

however this problem exiting with the Louvre ruction as it flips as well so the angle is back to front.

See my images - the blue colour is the exterior sash. The black colour is interior sash.  It is correct when placed in a wall.

This has been happening for years now and am getting really cheesed off with this bug.

The same with the door.  Why can’t I choose the handing of the door when its not in a wall? it opens inwards when freestanding but outwards when in a wall. 

Unless I want my internal and external door colours the same its still totally useless for 3d visualisations.

Moan over.

But if there is any advice to fix this please let me know.

Screenshot 2020-10-08 at 11.54.02.png

Screenshot 2020-10-08 at 11.54.37.png

Screenshot 2020-10-08 at 12.06.08.png

Screenshot 2020-10-08 at 12.06.25.png