Line display

I found that in VW 11 the Adobe programs could not display the default VW line weight very boldly - faded as you say. This happens in the Adobe Reader, too. Do a test file export with line weight one notch higher (Sorry, I have VW 12 now and do not remember the VW 11 line weight designations but I think 6 is the narrowest which shows well). Anyway, you can chanage line weight in the attributes pallet.

Also check your export parameters. There may be a line weight or stroke conversion happening at a default setting too low for good viewing.

Good luck.

hello,

I think the only reliable way to communicate your drawing with illustrator or so is to save it as a postscript file from the print dialog box and then convert the ps-file to pdf in the application preview.

all pdf- and eps- and dwg- export from vw has major bugs such as lineweight or hatch mistakes.

good luck, marek

Perhaps, the comment

"all pdf- and eps- and dwg- export from vw has major bugs such as lineweight or hatch mistakes"

is too extreme.

It has simply not been my experience. Sure there may be specific instances ( often the result of inept or rushed CAD )... after all a single document can have thousands of objects and attributes... but overall the translations are exceedingly reliable. Especially with PDF.

Let's give credit where credit is due ...

hello,

my experience is that when I export a drawing from vectorworks to dwg, and I open it in illustrator, all hatches will be wrong and wall joints doesn't show correctly.

but it would be interesting to know how to make it work correctly.

when I export to .eps my experience is that the line weights are too thin.

I have used many hours and I found .ps the only way to go.

best regards marek