GLP-Cosmic Truss corner piece oddity

Anttti

From what I gather from the manufacturer's data, Global Truss F34C30 is a basic 3-way 90° corner block. (See it yourself: https://globaltruss.de/en/TRUSS/Truss-25-30-cm/F34/F34-3-way-corner-C30-90.html)

When I insert a F34C30-85R or F34C30-85L into my drawing, I get these oddly angular pieces. One of the ends is not in 90° but in 85° (not sure if totally accurate or approximated, but anyway). Is this supposed to be? Am I using the wrong symbol, doing something else wrong or is there a bug in the symbols?

image.thumb.png.ad90efff04a3f75fe7d334be1af4a71c.png

image.thumb.png.69cb77aa7a23b00ed823178c5a0b8400.pngimage.thumb.png.d8ceb62ef508fb9a8326707cf23dae06.png

image.thumb.png.c00a1ae306c33244dad46fcaae04ac48.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The F34 C30 series corner is available with several different leg angles, each is a separate symbol and uses the Global Art.Nr. as the symbol name

Here's the search results for F34 C30 corners from the Global truss website

https://globaltruss.de/index.php?stoken=1AA2F372&force_sid=mfvkl0or73b4mktu5dp9bossp6&lang=1&cl=search&searchparam=F34+C30

Stupid me, thanks! That's what the -85R/L stands for...

There still is an issue with the connectivity, though. A had a similar problem (with the same kind of corner piece, I think) in earlier version, which the was found out to be a bug (that's partly why I was so keen to think the 85° to be a bug, too). The corner piece doesn't want to connect from one of its ends/legs. I can rotate it separately (see picture) but if I try to drag it to be a part of the same system, it turns around. This is the F34C30 corner piece with all 90° legs.

image.thumb.png.14a01823c49bd9fe9c8fcd99d9bb9dda.png

image.thumb.png.677d279707b5a21c2bcbb27dfe407dde.png

try changing your view angle slightly, normally this solves not being able to connect a corner in the orientation you want.

Also where you hover the mouse over the straight section dictates the insertion position, you should see the auto-connect highlight change in response

19 hours ago, jcogdell said:

try changing your view angle slightly, normally this solves not being able to connect a corner in the orientation you want.

Also where you hover the mouse over the straight section dictates the insertion position, you should see the auto-connect highlight change in response

This is what I thought first - that it would be basically a problem with the user interface and adjusting the view angle wold do the trick. But it doesn't seem to work like with other trusses. I tried with the F44 series and and they work fine. In fact also the F44C30-95 inserts nicely into the right position. But if I try to insert the F34C30 I can insert it in only three of the four possible rotational positions regardless of view (and I have tried in the same view angles where the other pieces work correctly, of course).

I can get the corner to connect in all 4 possible rotational positions, I did find that I needed to change which leg of the corner I had selected to make this possible though.

I'm testing using  2021 sp1, are you using the same version of Vectorworks?