KrisM

Display goes haywire.

Question

Worked on a file Thursday and everything was fine. Today, the views have gone haywire. View in Top/plan, everything looks good. Switch to an iso view and my walls still show as the top/plan view. No 3D. Somehow get the walls to show in 3D (don't remember how), switch back to top/plan and the walls still display as 3D. Restart computer, no effect. Update graphics driver, no effect. Unlike some other programs, there is no tool to rebuild the file. Copied my walls into a new clean file and everything displays as it should. Anyone else had this happen?

3 answers to this question

Check in the View menu and make sure you have Unified View turned on. With Unified View turned on, all of the design layers at the same scale as the active layer change views together. With Unified View turned off, only the active layer changes views and everything else stays in whatever view it was set to.

• Like 1

Yes that was it. Second time I have been caught on this. I think the solution is in my brain now. I don't recall having gone anywhere near this setting. Thanks.

The keyboard shortcut in the default workspaces is Command-Option-L. If you are hitting that accidentally, you could edit your workspace and remove the keyboard shortcut. I rarely (read never) turn off Unified View any more. Now, watch me need to turn it off for something today. ;-)

• Like 1