Wall tool

Ari Phillips

Question

Hey All.

It may sound a little silly but i dont tend to use the many options there are for the wall tool and usually just use the standard default wall tool for drawing.

I had a play around with it this afternoon to explore drawing curtain walls and other exterior walls and now there is no way to get it back to the default unstyled wall to draw as it was when you first get it? 

Is there any way to re set the wall tool to the default original setting  so it can be editable with the parametric data in object info, has the 3d element and the line weights are not all over the place?

Seriously confused.

Also i used to be able to click Shift to constrain an object along an axis when moving it.  but now it seems to duplicate it?  Any idea how to change this?

Thank you :

Kind regards

Ari

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

I've always thought that was weird, too.  🙂

Once you drawn a styled wall you can't draw an unstyled wall.

You have two options: 

1.  Open a blank document.  Draw an unstyled wall.  Copy and paste it into your document.

2.  Select a wall.  In the OIP under Style choose Convert to Unstyled Wall. Click on Components. Select all the components.  Delete.  You now have a "regular" unstyled wall.

• Like 1

You're right!  There is a way. 

Select the wall tool.  Wall Tool Preferences. Pick a (non curtain wall) wall style.  Convert to Unstyled.  Select all the components.  Delete.

But there is no way (that I know of) to pick Unstyled from the options in the mode bar directly.

Once you use a styled wall again you will have to use one of these methods to get back to an unstyled wall.

• Like 1