Batch rename - create multiple batches and run them all simultaneously (create many, run once)

Art V

Question

It would be nice if the batch rename tool could be expanded with the option to create multiple rename items that get collected into a list under the rename creation so that you can create multiple batch renames at one time and when finished setting up the batch renames you can click on execute and it will run all the batch renames in order of creation.

e.g. I create 3 rename operations, after each setup I can click on a button "add to list" then I would get e.g. the following list

1. Classes-rename A to B

2. Symbols-rename symbol12 to symbol0012

3. Design layers-find and terplace replace Option1- to Option1a-

When done I can then click on a button "apply", "run" or whatever to have all rename operations executed sequentially in order of creation in the list.

If it would be possible to store this rename list somewhere so that it can be reused that would be really nice for recurring renaming batches (e.g. somewhat similar to the class and layer mapping)

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet