writing data from vectorscript in a worksheet

Hi,

does there exist any possibility to write data from a Vectorscript-Script directly into an existing Vectorworks-worksheet?

I didn't find a corresponding command. (maybe because the command doesn't exist)

Alternative would be using "runscript" directly from the worksheet.

Therefor I need to read out column A and insert it as variable in the script.

(For example - A1: 1 -> "there are x 1-room-apartments")

works nearly fine, however SetWSCellFormulaN only works with Strings or Char - Variables.

I'd like to insert an Integer-Value.

How could I do that? Is there any possibility to transform an Integer-Value into a String? Or feed a String-Variable with Integer-content?

EINZW: INTEGER;

inString := EINZW;          
    SetWSCellFormulaN(worksheet, zeile, 2, zeile, 2, inString);

In Vectorscript (and probably all of VW), Integers (and LongInts) are a subset of Reals. That means that anywhere a real is specified you can also use an Int or LongInt.

If a LongInt is required you can use either an Integer or a LongInt.

If an Integer is required, you can only use an Integer (unless someone else wants to do the multiple paragraph explanation of how a Boolean is really an subset of integer and can be used....). ;-)

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Actually, what I said above about Reals/Integers/LongInts is a little misleading.

Any Vectorscript function that takes a Real as a non-changeable INPUT can use an Int or LongInt instead of the specified Real value.

Anything that OUTPUTS a Real (or uses a Real that is changeable [using a VAR in the function/procedure declaration]) will require an variable declared as Real.

So an Integer can substitute for a Real as an input, but if you want an Integer from a Real output you will have to use a Trunc or Round function.

• Like 1