Texture applied to EXTRUDE ALONG PATH issue

scottmoore

Working on historic building with a balcony facade that has a repeating, but rather iconic stencil pattern applied.  To create the facade, I used a NURBS curve for the profile and a simple 2D arc for the path.  All of this worked well and the image based texture applies easily enough.  The issue is that the image compresses as it nears the ends of the extrusion.  The image is mapped using "perimeter".  When I switch to "plane" the issue is inverted; compressed in the center.  I have indeed measured the image in plan view to confirm that it compresses significantly at the ends.  It is not simply the an illusion due to the curvature of the facade.  I have created the image to tile and a single iteration is divisible by the overall width.  This is not a deal breaker and I may be the only person that really notices but it seems like this ought to be a solvable issue.  Working on vwx2020 currently.  

compressed at end.png

correct at center.png

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...