Vectorworks 2021- Importing Classes

SKS

Question

I upgraded to Vectorworks 2021 and it won't let me import classes from other files anymore.  Both documents in question are in 2021 already.  I can get to the window for Import and I can pick the file but then it won't let me select the classes I want in the window.

8 answers to this question

Guest Alex Sagatov

@SKSThis seems to be working for me. Can you please confirm what Operating System you are on?

It sounds like this isn't what you are running into, but if the files already contain the same classes, the list will be blank.

Guest Alex Sagatov

Just to rule out anything related to it being file specific, can you try just creating two new documents...

In file one, make the classes A, B, and C.

In file two, make the classes 1, 2, and 3.

Save Both.

Try the importing of the classes again with these?

On my end, I get a list of classes when doing this, and any classes I have highlighted import properly in my testing so far.

Did the buttons change or something?

I can't click on the class name to highlight it - everything shows up as it should but I can't select it.

Oh - it works but I can only import the top class one at a time?  I used to be able to bulk select.

Mac.  I spent a long time trying to figure this out with VW support and the only solution they came up with was to create a new user on my computer to ONLY run VW.  Which... sort of defeats the purpose... so I ended up staying in 2019.