Tess

Accidentally removed all favorites - is there any way to restore this?

Question

Hi there, 

I was attempting to remove a single file from my resource manger favorites category (I selected the item and then file->remove from favorites) and somehow all of my favorites files disappeared? I didn't select remove all favorites. Either way - is there any way to restore these?? There was alot of data in there (plant symbols, in particular) that will be too painstaking to restore manually. 

Also - is there a way to back this up in future?

Any help appreciated!

Edited by Tess

3 answers to this question

If you added these files to your Favourites by either

• Opening the gear ⚙️ menu in the Resource Manager then choosing 'Add New Favourites files…', or
  • Making a shortcut of the Vectorworks file/s concerned and putting them inside the Vectorworks User Folder > Libraries > Favourites

…then the original files should still be on your computer somewhere. 

On the other hand, if you dragged the original files into Vectorworks User Folder > Libraries > Favourites, then they are permanently deleted. They won't even be in the Recycle Bin. 

If you selected 'Remove all Favourites' you should have been presented with a dialog, like so: 

image.thumb.png.3bc7626521b7dc1c7c58454610f03a2c.png

If you weren't presented this alert and are certain you selected 'Remove from Favourites,' I suggest you contact Tech Support for your region. 

Posted (edited)

Thanks so much for the intel Jeremy 👍

I was definitely not presented with the confirmation dialog so will contact support - thanks for this 🙂

Edited by Tess

As @Jeremy Best said, the files were in your Favourites Folder. If you are on a mac, you may be able to restore this folder to an older version, but this will depend on how you backup your data. - Just a thought.