Multi-Channel fixtures not working in 2021?

designedAF

Not sure if this is an error on my part, but all of my multi-channel symbols are no longer working correctly in 2021.  Par-bars are no longer 6 channels when I place them, but now 1 channel. Strangely, cyc lights and strip lights are also not working correctly, but in a different manner.  They place with 3 channel containers, but are only selectable as one light.  I attached a file with two of the symbols in question and jpeg in the file of how the fixture functions in 2020 when it's working properly. 

test file.vwx

The composite symbol must be made other symbols, not lighting devices. Use the symbol insertion tool to add to the drawing. 

The main difference is dealing with data for lighting device cells. If you had a previously built multi-circuit composite symbol, that should still work. 

That said, hanging and crashing is never good, so I recommend reporting that as a bug. 

2 hours ago, JBenghiat said:

The composite symbol must be made other symbols, not lighting devices. Use the symbol insertion tool to add to the drawing. 

The main difference is dealing with data for lighting device cells. If you had a previously built multi-circuit composite symbol, that should still work. 

That said, hanging and crashing is never good, so I recommend reporting that as a bug. 

Thanks that's what I thought about composite symbols, the wording in the tutorial made me think that had changed.  

After further inspection it looks like my fixtures still work and this is actually a label legend issue.  All of my channel containers for these fixtures are on top of each other, so it appears I now need to assign each instrument in the 6-Bar symbol to a different label legend (hopefully not each time I place the light)? 

Spinning wheel bug reported 🙂 

• 1 month later...

Service pack 2 brought new questions and solutions to the old problems.  The label legend now places the channel containers in their correct position based off their respective insertion points so that is solved and working properly.  However I find I am no longer able to edit the purpose discreetly (even when clicking into the menu in the OIP).  So for example I can not give a different purpose to the different channels in a cyc light.  

Edited by designedAF

I can change the color by cell thankfully, took me a second to realize it was in the second tab.  But not being able to change the purpose discreetly is sad to say the least. This seems like a glaring oversight?  I have clients who want purpose on the plot, so I’ve already had to put text fields in and not use the label legend, which is of course a bit time consuming.