Referenced Viewport Visibility in Various Viewports

Michal Zarzecki

Question

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could explain me how visibilities work in VW.

I have learnt that I can turn off or change visual properties of classes and layers within Referenced Viewports (or just XRefs), such as dwg drawings.

But I cannot figure out, if I can do the same for each viewport within my drawing, i.e. if the same XRef can look differently in different viewports, say within various Sheet Layers. A simple example: I have some linework in a referenced dwg drawing which I want to show in one of my drawings (Sheet Layers) but not in certain others. Equally, I want it to have different them in different colours in drawings where it should be visible.

Do you know how to do it?

2 answers to this question

I don't believe you can override the visibilities or attributes of referenced viewports from inside another viewport.

The workaround is to duplicate the referenced viewport and change the visibilities/attributes there and then control which version is seen in which viewport.

I hope I am wrong and someone else can tell us both how to accomplish this without duplicate objects.